Under the general supervision of the Director, the Deputy Director is responsible for:
(1) assists in the administration and operation of the Barry County Central Dispatch Authority,
(2) oversees the day-to-day aspects of the dispatch center; including the supervision of Dispatch Supervisors and Emergency Telecommunicators,
(3) provides administrative support functions for the Director,
(4) assists in the development and administers the Training and Quality Assurance Programs,
(5) assists in implementing and administering dispatch center policies and procedures, (6) assists Network and Systems Administration with maintaining, creating and updating appropriate technology, Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) files, etc.
A complete job description for this position is posted below.
Position Opening: April 1, 2021 Position Closing: April 30, 2021
Starting Salary: $63,500 - $68,000 depending on qualifications (FLSA exempt)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in public safety administration, criminal justice or related field. Emergency Number Professional (ENP) certification or Registered Public Safety Leader (RPL) is preferred. Emergency Medical Dispatcher-Q (EMD-Q) completion within six (6) months. LEIN TAC training completion within six (6) months. Communications Training Supervisor (CTS) training within twelve (12) months.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressive experience in an emergency communications service setting with at least three (3) years in a supervisory capacity. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality, as well as the ability to communicate and work with other governmental and public safety departments. Experience with various radio systems, recording systems, mapping (GIS), computer aided dispatch (CAD) and CPE systems.
Completed application packets must be received at Barry County Central Dispatch by 3:00pm EST on April 30, 2021.
Barry County Central Dispatch
Attention: Director Stephanie Lehman
2600 Nashville Rd.
Hastings, MI 49058
Please read the full job description below
You may download and fill out the application, then return it to Director Lehman by mail or fax (269-948-4892)
All applications MUST include a cover letter and resume.
Alternatively, you may fill out the online application by clicking on the button below